Monday, January 5, 2009

Michigan: Land of Peace

Today I was outside smoking a cigarette, when a gust of wind blew, I thought back to one day this summer in Michigan and was happy to remember everything that I felt then. 


To be "at peace" is a saying that can be interpreted in a variety of ways. for me, today was the epitome of my definition, to be "at peace". 


The clear glass was not enough for me to be fully engulfed by the fire like glow of the sun. Instead of allowing light to illuminate the room and warm my face, the glass door became a nuisance. 


I felt trapped, even annoyed by the lack of blinds in the room. you would think that sun filling a room would create the desire to join the dancing rays, but instead, I had been sitting with my family, paralyzed by the changing screen of the television.


As the desire for blinds crossed my mind, I came to my senses and decided to break my barrier and give into the cry for attention the sun was so rudely tugging at me with. I stepped out the door; the chilled air was more refreshing than expected, even welcoming. 


My warn feet were cushioned by the once scolding sand, which now created a comfortable mold with my every move. My senses heightened, allowing me to pinpoint every little detail within my surrounding environment. From the whisper-like-whistle of the grass reeds anchored down in the dunes, to the smell of beautiful blue fresh water tossed around by the playful wind. 


I collapsed in the beauty engulfing my very being and filled my mind, body, and soul, with nothing but the simplicity of life before my very eyes. 


Why couldn't everyday be as memorable as this? 


No comments:

Post a Comment